Lately I've been thinking a lot about the events that may happen in the first day of my class as a third year college. June 13 is our first day and as the days go by, I can't stop thinking what will we do in the first day. And as the first day of class is getting near, I'm getting more and more nervous each day that pass. Sometimes even before I sleep, that would be the last thing that will be registered in my mind. Luckily I didn't dreamed about it.
But then I realized, I'm stressing myself too much of the things that haven't happened yet. I'm thinking too much of the future even that no one knows what the future have or even if we will be able to reach what the future beholds. I realized that it's all right to plan for the future but never forget to enjoy the present or what we have today. Life's too short to think of the things about the future without enjoying what we currently have. One day, we will all die but it would be a huge regret that we didn't relish the moments of the things we had until the very last breath of our life.
The Bible also shows many verses telling us not to worry about tomorrow or the future.
Matthew 6:25-27
New Living Translation (NLT)
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
Luke 12:25
New Living Translation (NLT)
25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
Matthew 6:34
New Living Translation (NLT)
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Therefore the Bible concludes that we must not worry about the future for today's troubles are enough for us to handle. Besides we are always blessed everyday with more than the things we worry. We only tend to focus in the things that haven't happened yet. And lastly, the Lord God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is always with us everyday so we don't have to worry too much or about anything.
It's only ironic in my side that more often than not, obviously I tend to worry too much and I also lack faith in everyday's life. I'm ashamed that I know the facts and truth and yet I still hold on to the pointless ideas and emotions that cling in my brain and in my heart. Now what's important is to learn by heart and by mind that we have always enough worries and more blessings for everyday, enjoy the gift of life, and take faith for nothing is impossible to those who believe. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment